Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy birthday MLK!

So I was in Palm Springs playing lacrosse this weekend and I was incredibly inspired by my surroundings. Palm Springs is surrounded by mountains on all sides. I was also inspired by the view of the southern California sunset as we departed last night and all the views I saw out of the plane window, beautifully nature-y and metropolis-y.



I have also been thinking a lot today about MLK (Junior) and his message and how we can apply it today. Our world would be so different and so sad without the changes he created. There are still so many things that need our attention today and I think we can look to him and the way he changed people's lives for an example of how to most effectively address these things and make the positive changes our world needs now. "I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."Good stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment