Wednesday, November 17, 2010

getting down to the he(art) of the matter

So my art life was on a downward course and spiraling rapidly out of control.... I was really disappointed with my WOA with letters/numbers (or lack thereof) because I feel like it was a prompt I could have thrived on because I love using words in my work.

But that aside, I have decided on my concentration, which feels really good and I am motivated to get back on track with this. After brainstorming lots of things I like and ideas for a concentration, I decided I would combine two things from my list: city images and outdoorsy images. It's a kind of urban vs. rural thing and I'm really excited about it because it also shows how contrasting my interests are. Shout out to Claire/McBride for helping me decide on that.

After a short period of overwhelming stress, I am getting back into an artist's mindset and it feels good to be back. I want to redeem myself for the past two months with the rest of my art this year. The schedule has been working out a lot better in the past two weeks and I'm going to make the whole two classes/one period thing work if it's the last thing I do! I'm excited to review my pictures tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's very fitting that you would have books on a book shelf as your background...oh Hil Dawg. I definitely know what you mean about getting back into the rhythm of art. It's the best feeling! And now I am really excited about doing art! Do you want to get together over the break and do our concentrations together? I did that with Eva one day and it goes by really quick. Oh, on another note can you help me plan you know what this week? Aka getting supplies/speaking with the motha...

    ReplyDelete