Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Two concentration pieces

So these are my pieces that I've started most recently:



The first is supposed to represent technology... I'm going to layer tissue over the wing of the plane with a number-like pattern, but I'm having trouble deciding what the viewer should be looking at over the plane wing... some type of nature-y thing. Idea in progress/starting this was spur of the moment but I want to go with it and represent how technology and nature mesh.

The second is a watercolor. I'm working on drifting away from just using acrylic, and I want to drift towards my original idea of layering. I am going to use charcoal and pastels over this watercolor. I'm going to draw skyscrapers in charcoal to mirror the natural landscape. I was inspired by a photo in a magazine for this one. I'm also working on a similar piece right now, layering a bridge and a sunset.

Thoughts...?

3 comments:

  1. Hil dawg! On the top piece, I like where you're going, although I have a few thoughts. Do you think you could define the wing a bit more? It's hard to know exactly what it is from this angle. What if you put a jet engine underneath it? You would have more shape to work with and the texture of the blades would be cool. Can you explain how the plane connects to nature a bit more? I think it's a really abstract, original thought and I would love to hear more about it. Keep up the good work, and let's talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these pieces are both going in an awesome direction, I can't wait to see them when they are done! The colors in the bottom one are really interesting and vibrant, I enjoy them a lot. One thing I would say to work on in both pieces is distinguishing between the foreground middle-ground and background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like where the second piece is going...i think that the idea of layering will go really well with your concentration. i love the contrast between the blue and the orange! i cant way to see it when it is done!

    ReplyDelete